The United States Army Europe Band has a history dating back to 1940. The unit was constituted 16 December, 1940 as the Band, 367th Infantry. It was activated on 25 March, 1941 at Camp Claiborne Louisiana.
The band was re-designated on 10 June, 1942 as the Band, 364th Infantry, and again on 26 May, 1944 as the 205th Army Ground Forces Band. The band was reorganized once more in 1945 as the 448th Army Service Forces Band, and moved to Fort Lewis Washington.
It was in Fort Lewis that the 448th Army Band was Inactivated on 15 January, 1947. The band was reopened on June 25, 1949 as the 33rd Army Band in Mannheim Germany. Upon moving to the United States Army Europe Headquarters in 1952, the band became colloquially known as The United States Army Europe (USAREUR) Band, and we proudly bear that name to this day.
The United States Army Europe Soldiers' Chorus was founded on 24 April, 1967 as the Seventh Army Soldiers Chorus. The Chorus was originally assigned to the office of the Adjutant General, USAREUR HQ.
On 27 October, 1981, the 33d Army Band and Soldiers' Chorus were combined under the U.S. Army Europe Public Affairs Office. Since joining forces in 1981, the U.S. Army Europe Band and Chorus have performed together in over two dozen countries throughout the U.S. Army Europe's area of responsibility.